Pages

12.09.2005

Back at it....(Here is our King)

Whew! The last two weeks of my life have been hectic as I've written two term papers and my wife is doing projects and taking finals. But I finished my last class today! All I've got left are 3 finals next week and I'm home free...'till January. :)

If you've heard the Crowder album, collision, you probably know the song Here is Our King. It's a wonderful song to which I've heard rumors as to its origin. Apparently it was written in response to the earthquake and tsunami that struck Asia last December. If that is true, then the song is quite an amazing take on the incident.

But the song also has some strong Christmas themes too. It seems to be all about Jesus coming. Coming to save us, coming to bring rest, healing, new life, and grace.

When they sing Majesty finally here with power, I think of the woman at the well in John 4, who exclaims, Come, see a man who told me everything I ever did. Could this be the Christ?...Could this be the one who is to save us, the one to bring us hope, and peace, and rest? We've been waiting so long...is He our King?

Yes! It is Christmas...and we celebrate the coming of our King. Majesty...finally...here.


From wherever spring arrives
To heal the ground
From wherever searching comes the look itself
A trace of what we'’re looking for
So be quiet now and wait

The ocean is growing
The tide is coming in
Here it is

Here is our king, here is our love
Here is our God Who'’s come
To bring us back to him
He is the one, he is Jesus, Jesus

And what was said to the rose
To make it unfold
Was said to me here in my chest
So be quiet now and rest

Majesty, finally
Majesty, finally here

No comments:

Post a Comment