Pages

4.01.2006

Trench it or Play it

In the spirit of The Amazing Race "detour", I chose the title of my blog to reflect my day yesterday. Although it wasn't an either/or choice, I got to do both.

In trench it, Justin, my friend, has a clogged sewer line from roots growing within. Bummer. Instead of shelling out a couple of grand, he decided to shovel out a trench himself, ranging from about 2 1/2 feet by the house down to 3 1/2 by the street. Fortunately for us, the ground is saturated with water from this past month, so the chunks of dirt came out quite nicely.

I must give my upmost appreciation to all the trench diggers that dig and dig every day for 8 hours straight. I went 2 1/2 hours with an hour break in the middle and I am sore all over the place today.

In play it, Justin also purchased a used Taylor 314 guitar that is in great condition. We spent time playing a few songs. What a nice guitar. What a nice time.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad it was you digging the trench and not me. And it's probably better that you were playing the guitar, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is he going to do with his other Taylor? Oh, wait, does he have 2 or 3 now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Aaron. You're my hero.

    ReplyDelete