Pages

7.21.2008

I'll have cup of coffee...minus the coffee

Thursday brought great weather and a fun trip with our mid-school group to Wild Waves in Federal Way, WA. After a cool time on the water slides and roller coasters, we headed back home, a three-hour journey.

Of course, we stopped at Starbucks so that our van drivers had the gusto for the trip. I ordered my favorite drink—a triple-grande-caramel-macchiato: Steamed milk, vanilla, caramel and of course the all important 3 shots of espresso.

The drink starts out sweet as you sip the caramel floating on the milk foam, then turns nice and bitter as you hit the milk & espresso, finishing sweet when you reach the caramel on the bottom.

After leaving the store and returning to the road, I noticed that the drink was staying a bit sweet for far too long. I began to suspect that they didn't put enough espresso in, or worse...none. Alison opened the cup and sure enough, a white drink.

NO COFFEE!!!??? What?

How do you order a Triple shot drink and receive none?

I could not believe it! We'll see what happens. I wrote Starbucks customer service. Maybe they'll give me a free drink :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow...we have the same Starbucks drink! Only, I usually scale mine down to a double tall, but sometimes splurge on the triple grande:-) But anyway...that is LAME about getting no espresso! Knowing Starbucks, they probably WILL give you a free drink; they are pretty good about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! I'd die. Plus, I mean, that's a lot of money that's meant to go to caffeine. Not a vanilla-caramel steamer. If I get the job at the Wilsonville 'bucks, you can come by and I'll make it right for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word! I'd die. Plus, I mean, that's a lot of money that's meant to go to caffeine. Not a vanilla-caramel steamer. If I get the job at the Wilsonville 'bucks, you can come by and I'll make it right for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do what I do, get regular black coffee. They can't mess that up.

    ReplyDelete