Pages

10.21.2008

Old School Math

No, I'm not talking about the way we used to do math compared to how they teach kids now. I'm talking about our weekend.

Last Saturday, Ali and I took a walk through Multnomah Village to look in all the shops. We came to Paganwood Restoring, a wood restoration shop with plenty of antiques. Entering Paganwood feels a bit like going to my grandma Geist's house back in the day.

Ali's eyes immediately found a 1920's era mechanical adding machine. Being an accountant, she wanted it for her office. The cool thing is that it still works! After coming home, she looked it up online and discovered how to use it (in a very convoluted way) to subtract.

If you're looking for a touch of something from yesteryear and a good walk, come on down to Multnomah Village.

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear...Ali, I actually took a class when I was 19 where I learned to use a full key adding machine. And I'm not THAT old.

    Hey Aaron, I was suprised and delighted to learn about "rock on" worship...amen and amen!

    ReplyDelete