Pages

10.04.2010

Nothing & Everything Changes

There isn't much better than being a parent. I've been told this by many, but now having an almost week-old son,  I know they're right!

Isaiah Aaron Geist was born Monday, September 27, 2010 at 10:34pm, weighing in at 9lbs, 1oz. and measuring  20 1/2". He is a joy and a blessing, just like Psalm 127:3 "Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him."

It's amazing to me how this small (yet very big) event changed nothing and everything all at once. You see having a child changed nothing about me: I'm still as selfish, have the same fears, passions, desires, I didn't magically learn a new song to sing.

And yet, everything changed: There are now three in our home, my schedule changed, I'm now a father and Alison is a mother, there's lots more crying...by all parties involved, and the rest of my life is going to be different.

And all this happened in an instant.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! My son was just born on Thursday. Gonna blog about it tonight, too. :)

    ReplyDelete