Pages

11.11.2005

Pat Speaks Again

Well, after implying that we should assassinate Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez, Pat Robertson's comments got the New Tribes Missionaries expelled from Venezuela.

Now he's just proclaimed destruction on Dover, PA.

I'm very tempted to say something like Why does his voice have to be the one that speaks for Evangelicals? But then I'm reminded by watching Rob Bell's Bullhorn Nooma video that maybe my voice isn't loud enough. Maybe my love isn't loud enough. What am I doing to actually show the love of God to others. (instead of complaining how other Christians speak of God)

Hmmm...

4 comments:

  1. There is a lot of Christians I just don't understand sometimes, but then again, I don't understand myself either. Love wins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure his statement,

    "I'd like to say to the good citizens of Dover: If there is a disaster in your area, don't turn to God. You just rejected him from your city."

    was the best thing to say.

    Sad that God has once again been rejected, although also sad, I would not necessarily expect our current society to embrace Him. Perhaps if we show love, His love, like we are called to do, they will begin to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaron! it's callie. I decided it was finally time to get a blog. While mine will never be as cool as yours, I also am not a computer nerd like you are. (brian's worse. don't worry.)
    but to each his own.

    I wonder what happened to cause people to turn to scare tactics to attempt to convert people to Christ? what happened (or what is happening) for us to see that it's not the way it should be? is it a matter of too much salt or too much light?
    it makes me wonder how many people in history are actually in heaven? where did the message of eternal love and life become lost?

    thanks for the challenging blog!
    Callie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! How bout the crusades? "Turn to Christ or die."

    What was that all about?

    I can't wait to read your blog!

    ReplyDelete