Pages

8.30.2013

Viewing Difficulty

How do you view the tough circumstances of life? What is your go-to lens when...

  • a health crisis happens.
  • a difficult issue (or two or three) at work arises.
  • money is tight...and you've been good on your budget!
  • ...something doesn't go the way it should or the way you wanted it to go.
Now obviously there are things we can do in these and many other circumstances, but how do you primarily view the situation?

Maybe it's a guy thing, maybe it's a me thing, but I want to know what I can do to resolve the situation. It's easy for me to become anxious over the problem until I find a solution.

So it amazes me that when Paul went through difficulties he had a very different lens...trust.
Indeed we felt as if the sentence of death had been passed against us, so that we would not trust in ourselves but in God who raises the dead. - 2 Corinthians 1:9
In a dire circumstance, Paul's default, go-to lens is trust in God.

May our viewing difficulty turn into viewing difficulty as an opportunity to trust God.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete