Pages

10.24.2005

Rescue is coming

Last Wednesday night, before youth group, I had a lot on my mind. I was thinking about different students that were messing up their lives, mourning over their decisions. I was thinking about my own family, with my mom's cancer and other things that are going on. I was thinking about the hard times in my friend's lives, the pain that they are going through.

And I felt like God said, be still.

We had just spent a Wednesday night in silence and stillness, which is something I don't get a lot of, and I knew that is what I needed to do.

I prayed for the different things that were going on in my life, and the lives of others, for the 30,000 that die daily.

And then I sat...in silence.

A song came into mind, a song that I had been listening to recently.

Rescue is Coming

The lyrics repeated over and over in my mind, and the thought brought a few tears to my eyes as I remembered the hope in Christ. That His justice, and love will rule.

Rescue is Coming



P.S. That song is track 19 off the new David Crowder album.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Aaron,
    I can relate . . . the beautiful thing is that you took it to God right away. I don't know why it takes me so long to get there at times.
    Still trusting . . . still hoping . . . rescue IS coming!

    ReplyDelete