Pages

10.27.2005

Wholly Yours

One of my new favorite songs off the new Crowder album is the song Wholly Yours. It is filled with beautiful imagery of how messed up we are when seen in the light of God, and how amazing God's grace is. The first verse is listed here:

I am full of earth
You are heaven's worth
I am stained with dirt
Prone to depravity
You are everything that is bright and clean
The antonym of me
You are divinity

What a certain sign of grace is this
From a broken earth
Flowers come up pushing through the dirt


It amazes me how God could love messed up people like me and everybody else. Thank you God.

3 comments:

  1. That is a cool song, Aaron. Oh, hey, I really appreciated your "rescue" post. That is our hope, that a lot of the crap we have messed ourselves up with (like your mention of 30k dying daily of hunger) is going to end, someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks AJ. We'll have to play Wholly yours next time you're drumming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to play too!

    GREAT song!!!

    ReplyDelete